Spring Pest-Proofing – it’s not too late!
Want to pest-proof your home? We’re all for our awesome homeowners lending a hand in our pest push-back. A punch-list is always handy when you’re running through the spring checklist – feel free to use ours:
Kitchen Clean-up: The key here is to eliminate sources of food that attract pests such as ants and stored product pests.
- Do a quick clean-up and give the stove and cabinets a swipe for good measure
- Be sure to store leftovers in sealed, air-tight containers.
- Check through your fridge and pantry and toss out any expired food or condiments
- Sweep or vacuum up the floor and make sure to scoop up any crumbs
Bathroom Duty: The key to a pest-free bath is to eliminate sources of water that sustain interior infestations of pests such as roaches and silverfish.
- Take a look under the sink and around the toilet for leaks or moisture. Fix any problems ASAP.
- Make sure the caulking around your tub, shower and sink is still in good shape, re-caulk any areas that need some TLC.
Basement Barrier: The key to a pest-free basement is to seal and secure in order to reduce sources of shelter that pests such as spiders and mice seek.
- Store household items in plastic bins with tight-fitting lids.
- Find and seal any entry points, like cracks or holes, with caulk.
- Install door sweeps to seal the bottom of your basement door as an extra pest barrier.
Outside At Last: The key to your outdoor pest-proofing is to remove entry points to your home, eliminating the enticements of food, water and shelter that draw all types of pests inside.
- Cut back vegetation in contact with your house, such as tree branches, to make sure that pests don’t have a highway to the roof (and attic).
- Clear any leaves or debris from your gutters and rain spouts to ensure that water drains freely.
- Repair any ripped screens and check the windows for a good seal.
- Remove any standing water in your yard and take the time to clean water containers, like pet bowls, bird baths and fire pits.
- Move the wood piles, which can become nests for rodents and food for termites, away from the house.
Good maintenance is the first step towards a healthy house. But pests can be quite determined to enjoy your home anyway. No worries, Home Paramount is here to help!
Why Choose Us?
Providing Reliable Pest & Wildlife Solutions Since 1939
At Home Paramount Pest Control, we have been dedicated to delivering reliable pest and wildlife management solutions for over 80 years. Our long-standing presence in the industry speaks volumes about our commitment to excellence and customer satisfaction. When you trust our team, you can always count on:
- Customized solutions to suit your specific needs
- Same-day service availability for pest infestation emergencies
- High-quality green products that are safe for the environment
- Complimentary pest inspections
- Affordable financing solutions tailored to your budget